One (1) Aviation Conference Scholarship may be awarded annually by the Board of Directors of the Arizona Airports Association (AzAA) for an amount not to exceed $1,500. Please note the following provisions:
- The program is designed to expose AzAA members to professional airport organizations including the national and regional chapters of AAAE as well as ACI. Therefore, attendance at one of those conferences will be given priority consideration over other conferences.
- Attendance at conferences sponsored by organizations other than those listed above will be considered based upon the information provided by the applicant regarding how attendance at the conference will contribute to AzAA, the aviation community, and the applicant professionally.
- Reimbursement shall be based on the scholarship recipient submitting an acceptable accounting of their trip expenditures to the Scholarship Chair within one month of attendance. Expenses covered by the scholarship recipient’s employer are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Recipients have one year from award date to attend the qualified conference
- The scholarship shall not be given to the same member more than two (2) times
- The current Scholarship Committee chair and members of the Scholarship Committee are not eligible to receive this scholarship award
- The Board of Directors will make their selection at the fall Board meeting
- The applicant must be a current Executive, Associate, or Corporate member of AzAA in good standing for at least one (1) year prior to application for the scholarship, and must remain in good standing through the time of conference attendance and subsequent reimbursement. Members, please sign in to your AzAA membership account prior to completing the form below
- The applicant must be gainfully employed full-time in the aviation industry at both the time of application and the time of the conference
- APPLICATIONS ARE DUE IN THE SAME FISCAL YEAR OF WHICH THE EVENT TAKES PLACE
If you have any questions please contact the Scholarship Committee Chair Joey O'Rourke.