Arizona Airports Association
To submit an opening, click here.
Airport Management and Operations Internship - Mohave County Airport Authority, Inc.
Organization: Mohave County Airport Authority, Inc.
Date Posted: 01/10/2020
Date Needed: 05/18/2020
Location: Bullhead City
Primary Category: Internship
Type of Position: Internship
Salary: $13.00/hour plus living stipend
Description & Details
The Laughlin/Bullhead International Airport in Bullhead City, AZ is seeking a highly motivated individual desiring hands-on experience in the pursuit of a career in airport management. As the intern, you will be exposed to all different aspects of airport management at a commercial service airport. You will gain experience in fields such as: Airport Administration, Airport Operations, Airport Finance, Airport Improvement, Airport Security, and Aircraft Rescue Firefighting. This internship is for the summer of 2020 and pays $13.00/hr. Length of internship will be at least 12 weeks and will also include a living stipend. Ability to work a wide variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays is required. Qualified applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in airport management/administration or related aviation field or, at a minimum, be currently enrolled in a four-year degree program and have achieved at least a junior status in pursuit of an aviation degree. More information can be found at flyifp.com.
How to Apply / Contact
Send resume and cover letter to MCAABooks@flyifp.com
Deputy Aviation Director – Facilities and Services - City of Phoenix
Organization: City of Phoenix
Date Posted: 11/12/2019
Date Needed: 12/30/2019
Country: United States
Primary Category: Airport Maintenance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Salary: Up to $134,472 annually
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Experience Requirement: 5-10 years
Description & Details
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix Aviation Department owns and operates three airports: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Deer Valley Airport, and Phoenix Goodyear Airport. Deer Valley and Goodyear are general aviation airports. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has a worldwide reputation for excellence, serving more than 44 million passengers annually. The Deputy Aviation Director of Facilities and Services manages the day-to-day maintenance operation at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Deer Valley Airport, and Goodyear Airport leading airfield, building systems, grounds and fleet maintenance activities. Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to the safety of the airfield pavement and markings, airfield signage and lighting, compliance with applicable building, passenger conveyance and fire codes,
• Maintaining compliance with airport rules, policies and procedures that provide the basis for orderly and efficient airport operations while maintaining a strong focus on safety, security and customer service,
• Providing management oversight of several high value maintenance contracts.
• As the owner of all newly constructed facilities, coordinating the Division’s design input and plan reviews and ensuring a smooth turnover and activation process, and
• Leading development and implementation of innovation and efficiency programs to control costs and meet organizational objectives.
This position leads a workforce of more than 375 employees, with four superintendents and a special projects administrator as direct reports. This position exercises considerable initiative and independent judgment and works under the general supervision of an Assistant Aviation Director. Incumbents in this position are expected to resolve problems of a professional and technical nature and must effectively confront problems facing airport management while managing competing priorities. Currently there is one vacancy in the Aviation Department. This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
IDEAL CANDIDATE will possess:
• Experience leading a large and diverse workforce,
• Ability to work with a variety of government, state, county and local personnel to secure information and resolve problems,
• Experience in building productive relationships with employees, tenants, vendors, contractors, governmental agencies, and general public, and
• Strong understanding of FAA regulations, Aviation industry standards, State statutes and City ordinances.
Up to $134,472 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 8.5% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $3,360/annual car allowance and $1,200/annual cell phone allowance.
A comprehensive Middle Manager benefits package is offered which includes: Traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, HSA plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually, dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days. For more details about Middle Manager Benefits, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/009.pdf
• Five years of professional experience in airport management (either airport operations or facilities & services), planning and development, airline business management, or financial services, three years of which must have been in a position supervising professional-level staff.
• Bachelor's degree in airport management, business administration, civil engineering, construction management or a related field.
• The City job description can be found at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/JobDescriptions/25200.pdf
• All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
• The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky
Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Read more about Aviation Employment Disqualifiers at https://forms.skyharbor.com/Downloads/AviationEmploymentDisqualifiers.pdf
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
• Experience managing staff involved with overseeing commercial airfield operations or airport facilities management.
• Experience in planning and managing operational and capital budgets.
• Experience managing large projects from concept through implementation.
• AAAE Credentials (AAE, CM or ACE).
First review of applications will occur the week of November 18, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications or on December 2, 2019, whichever is sooner.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
• If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Deputy Aviation Director, JC: 25200, ID# 34346
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply / Contact
For details and how to apply: https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/